In the world of law, experience is a hallmark of excellence. Stephanie G. Rapkin, a seasoned attorney licensed to practice in Wisconsin since 1984, exemplifies this principle with her remarkable 39 years of legal expertise. With a focus on estate planning, probate, and tax law, Stephanie has made significant contributions to the legal field through her extensive work, publications, and recognition within the industry. This article delves into the illustrious career of Stephanie Rapkin, highlighting her achievements and areas of expertise.
## Early Life and Education
Stephanie Rapkin's journey to becoming a prominent attorney began in her hometown of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Growing up in Shorewood and Whitefish Bay, she developed a deep connection to the community where she would later establish her law practice. Her passion for law led her to DePaul College of Law, where she pursued an LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Taxation, further enhancing her knowledge in a complex field.
## A Distinguished Career
### Practice Areas
Stephanie Rapkin's practice areas are a testament to her diverse legal expertise. She specializes in:
1. **Estate Planning:** Crafting comprehensive plans for the orderly distribution of assets, including trusts, wills, and health care directives.
2. **Probate:** Navigating the complexities of probate administration, probate litigation, and will contests.
3. **Tax Law:** Providing counsel on a wide range of tax matters, from business and income taxes to estate tax planning and international taxes.
### Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Stephanie Rapkin is licensed to practice law in Wisconsin, demonstrating her commitment to serving her local community and the broader region.
### Professional Experience
Since 1987, Stephanie has been the driving force behind the **Law Office of Stephanie G. Rapkin**. Her practice is exclusively dedicated to estate planning and probate, solidifying her reputation as a trusted authority in these fields.
## Contributions to Legal Scholarship
Stephanie Rapkin's contributions to legal literature have left an indelible mark on the profession. She has authored:
- **Books:** Stephanie has written two tax and estate planning books for Lexis Nexis, one of the world's largest legal publishing houses. Her books serve as invaluable resources for legal practitioners and scholars.
- **Articles:** Stephanie's legal insights extend to law journal articles and specialty articles for electronic legal journals. Her writings reflect her deep understanding of complex legal issues.
A selection of her publications includes:
1. "Portability: The New Estate Plan Modality" (Trusts & Estates, May 2013)
2. "Planning For Large Estates" (Lexis Nexis, March 2013)
3. "How Will the New Prop. Regs. Affect Grantor Retained Trusts?" (Estate Planning, October 2007)
4. "Subchapter S and the Estate Planner" (Taxes, May 1997)
## Awards and Recognition
Stephanie Rapkin's excellence in estate planning law has not gone unnoticed. She was honored with the title of **Top Estate Planning Lawyer in Milwaukee** by Milwaukee Magazine in 2013. This accolade underscores her dedication to her craft and her clients.
## Active Participation in Professional Associations
Stephanie is an active member of the **Wisconsin State Bar** (#1016865), showcasing her commitment to maintaining the highest standards of professionalism in her practice. Additionally, she serves as a Director for the **Shorewood Foundation**, a testament to her ongoing dedication to her local community.
In the legal world, experience, expertise, and a commitment to excellence are the pillars of a successful career. Stephanie G. Rapkin embodies these qualities through her 39 years of dedicated service, comprehensive knowledge, and significant contributions to the field of estate planning, probate, and tax law. Her journey from Milwaukee to becoming a renowned legal luminary serves as an inspiration to aspiring attorneys and a source of confidence for clients seeking expert legal counsel.
W Silver Spring Drive, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53209, United States