In the realm of law, experience is a priceless asset, and few attorneys embody this more than Roger Cukras. With an impressive 55 years of practice in the legal field, Roger has earned a distinguished reputation for his expertise and contributions. This article delves into Roger Cukras' extensive legal journey, his educational background, professional associations, and his notable work at Hutton Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti.
## A Legacy of Legal Practice
### Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Roger Cukras' career began in 1967 when he was admitted to practice law in the state of New York. His identification number, 1434901, issued by the New York State Office of Court Administration, signifies his long-standing authorization to practice law within the state. Over five decades, Roger has been a steadfast advocate for his clients in the diverse legal landscape of New York.
### Educational Pursuits
Roger's foundation in law was built on a strong educational background. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, from **Fordham University** in 1964. Subsequently, he pursued his Bachelor of Laws at **Rutgers University** in 1967. Roger's commitment to continuous learning led him to further academic achievements, including a Master of Laws from **Temple University** in 1974.
## Professional Associations
As a testament to his dedication to the legal profession, Roger Cukras is a longstanding member of the **New York State Bar** (#1434901). His membership, which spans from 1967 to the present, exemplifies his unwavering commitment to uphold the highest ethical and professional standards expected of legal practitioners in New York.
## Remarkable Career at Hutton Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti
Roger Cukras has spent a significant portion of his illustrious career at **Hutton Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti**, a prominent law firm based in New York City. During his tenure, he has specialized in an array of legal domains, showcasing his versatility and legal acumen. His practice areas include:
- **General Practice:** Roger's broad legal knowledge enables him to handle a wide spectrum of legal matters, offering comprehensive solutions to his clients.
- **Litigation:** Roger has demonstrated his prowess in litigation by representing clients in various courts, ensuring their interests are zealously protected.
- **Real Estate:** His expertise in real estate law allows him to navigate complex property transactions and resolve real estate-related disputes.
- **Corporate and Securities Law:** Roger provides invaluable counsel to corporate clients, addressing matters of governance, compliance, and securities regulation.
- **Tax Law:** With a deep understanding of tax law, he assists clients with intricate tax matters, ensuring they remain compliant with tax regulations.
- **Commercial Law:** Roger's insight into commercial law facilitates smooth transactions and dispute resolution for his clients in the business world.
## Contributions to Legal Scholarship
Roger Cukras' contributions to the legal field extend beyond his practice. He has authored several impactful publications and served as a lecturer on various legal topics. Some of his notable works include:
- "State Taxation of Telecommunications: Common Questions for 800/900 Number Services"
- "New York State and City Sales Tax and the Telecommunications Industry"
- Lectures on state and local taxation, sales taxation of computer programs, and telecommunications tax
His commitment to sharing knowledge underscores his role as a legal scholar and mentor.
Roger Cukras' 55-year legal journey is a testament to his dedication, expertise, and unwavering commitment to his clients and the legal profession. His diverse areas of practice, extensive educational background, and active involvement in professional associations highlight his status as a legal luminary in New York. Roger's contributions to legal scholarship, coupled with his remarkable career at Hutton Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti, solidify his legacy as a distinguished attorney whose impact on the legal world will endure for generations to come.